Cucumber Carrot Tangy Summer Salad
The days are warming up and outdoor grilling parties are starting — perfect timing for this tasty summer salad. It takes under 10 minutes to whip up this great appetizer or side dish. Plus it’s exceedingly “clean”: dairy free, gluten free, meat free, soy free, vegan, etc..
– 1 large cucumber
– 3 whole carrots
– 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (option to toast)
– 2 teaspoons raw honey
– 1/4 cup sesame seed oil (or olive oil)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Peel cucumber, leaving alternating strips of skin intact. If you have a veggie spiralizer, spiralize your cucumber and carrots. Otherwise, using a potato peeler or grater to turn veggies into strips.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine honey, oil, vinegar and salt, whisk together well. Then add sesame seeds and stir.
3. Place veggies in mixing bowl, mix together well to evenly coat and serve.