Gluten-Free Almond Meal Muffins
A muffin is just what I crave sometimes. Often they are full of refined sugars and white flour but not these gluten-free almond meal muffins. We have taken the muffin and made it healthy without loosing the flavor. The almond meal adds just the right amount of nutty goodness, while the granola provides a nice crunch. Yup, these tasty treats are not to be missed. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium decently ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons honey (if you want it a little sweeter, add some extra)
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup, & 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
- Around 1 cup gluten-free granola, enough to top each muffin with around 1 tablespoon (I used a coconut granola but any flavor will work just fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and either line a muffin tin with 6 paper liners or coat (really well) with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add bananas and eggs, mash and stir well with a fork. Then add honey, baking powder, almond meal, almond flour, vanilla, almond milk, almonds, goji berries and whisk.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin. Then top each muffin with granola.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for around 5 minutes.
- Enjoy 1 warm then store in a air sealed container
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
To your health,